Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Ally Jones
Welcome to the Guidance Department
Guidance and Counseling Program
The mission of the Chester-Joplin-Inverness Public Schools Counseling Program is to support and enhance the learning process by helping students maximize their capabilities as responsible, independent and inter-dependent citizens.
By providing a comprehensive, developmental guidance and counseling program that addresses the academic, personal/social and career/life planning development of all students, counselors work with students to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to maximize their personal potential by helping them match their skills and abilities, interests and knowledge, values and preferences.
The school counseling program at Chester-Joplin-Inverness Public Schools:
- Is essential to a student’s personal growth and development and therefore supports his or her academic success;
- Is a comprehensive program designed to provide for and facilitate the growth of all students;
- Is proactive in design and need-specific in nature;
- Is fully integrated into the fabric of the school and relies on the close collaboration of faculty members;
- Is directly linked to the curriculum;
- Is regularly and systematically evaluated;
- Is organized and sequential in design;
- Is flexible in delivery and evolutionary in implementation; and
- Is coordinated and implemented by well-trained professionals who maintain the highest levels of ethical and professional standards.
As an integral part of the education process, school counselors work not only with students in direct service delivery, but also work in partnership with other educators, families and the community as advocates, allies, and liaisons so that each student’s rich inherent potential can be realized.