K-12 Guidance Counselor
Lowest Starting Salary: $31,485.00
Ad placed on: 2019-08-04
K-12 Guidance Counselor's Essential Functions:
The Chester-Joplin-Inverness School District is looking to hire a Guidance Counselor to serve approximately 207 day contract, beginning with the 2019-20 school year. Additional salary boosting financial opportunities are available.
- Conducts counseling of student groups and individual students regarding educational and career plans.
- Provides counseling and guidance to students and parents in the use of test results for education/career planning.
- Educates students and parents regarding the necessary coursework required for graduation and assists those students who are showing signs of having educational difficulties.
- Reviews and evaluates academic progress of students and makes recommendations for modifications as appropriate.
- Consults with the teaching staff to facilitate counseling activities into the regular educational program. Consults with teachers, other educational staff, and parents regarding the developmental needs of students.
- Complies with Board policies, rules, regulations, and directives.
- Provides orientation to new students regarding the District’s educational opportunities and/or career paths.
- Serves as a reference source for current information on colleges, technical education, apprenticeships, scholarships, armed services, and other educational programs and career opportunities.
- Facilitates 504 meetings.
- Coordinates district wide testing and facilitates analysis of testing data.
Desired Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Valid Montana Teaching Certificate with proper endorsement.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, parents, staff, and the community.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employment and student matters.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
Please include the following documents when applying:
- Letter of Interest
- District Application (download--then fill out)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Copy of teaching certificate or the ability to obtain one through OPI
CJI accepts electronic copies of all application material.
Please submit all necessary documents to John Fauerbach at the CJI Main Office or email the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
School District #48-1J & #48-2J is an equal opportunity employer.