K-12 Guidance Counselor
Ad placed on: 2019-01-29
Closing Date: Open until filled
Guidance Counselor - Essential Function
The Chester-Joplin-Inverness School District is looking to hire a Guidance Counselor to serve approximately 225, K-12 students, beginning with the 2019-20 school year. Essential duties of the position include:
- Conducts counseling of student groups and individual students regarding educational and career plans.
- Provides counseling and guidance to students and parents in the use of test results for education/career planning.
- Educates students and parents regarding the necessary coursework required for graduation and assists those students who are showing signs of having educational difficulties.
- Reviews and evaluates academic progress of students and makes recommendations for modifications as appropriate.
- Consults with the teaching staff to facilitate counseling activities into the regular educational program.
- Consults with teachers, other educational staff, and parents regarding the developmental needs of students.
- Complies with Board policies, rules, regulations, and directives.
- Provides orientation to new students regarding the District’s educational opportunities and/or career paths.
- Serves as a reference source for current information on colleges, technical education, apprenticeships, scholarships, armed services, and other educational programs and career opportunities.
- Facilitates all 504 meetings.
- Coordinates district wide testing and facilitates analysis of testing data.
Desired Minimum Qualifications Include:
Applicant must possess a valid Montana teaching license with the appropriate endorsements, or show the ability to obtain the appropriate license.
Please include the following documents when applying:
- Letter of Interest
- District Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Copy of teaching certificate or the ability to obtain one through OPI.
CJI accepts electronic copies of all application material.